Halloween Costume ideas 2015

Arnold Friberg (1913-2010)

A few people have sent me notes in the last week to let me know that Arnold Friberg had passed away. Among those who wrote was illustrator Greg Newbold. Greg actually met Friberg a couple of years ago and wrote about that encounter on his blog.

.Friberg03
Greg wrote, "As a member of the Mormon faith, I certainly feel the loss of his great talent. As I mentioned in my post, I first saw his paintings reproduced in the Book of Mormon long before I could read the words it contained. His images defined the visual look of those scripture stories."

Friberg01
To be honest, until the news of Friberg's passing began to arrive, I was not familiar with this artist, so my thanks to all those who contacted me. And thanks especially to Greg, who generously provided the scans for today's post.

Friberg02
Be sure to visit Greg's blog to see more examples of Arnold Friberg's beautiful artwork, see some wonderful photos of the artist, and read Greg's very interesting and informative post!
Labels:

Post a Comment

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget