Halloween Costume ideas 2015

Today's Featured Font Website: KevinandAmanda.com "Fonts for Peas"

I am really excited about today's font website, I love Amanda's fonts.  She offers free handwriting fonts and Scrapbooking fonts.  Check out the links below.



I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts! kevinandamanda.com/fonts


So I took a long shot and emailed Amanda, because I wanted to ask her a few questions about her fonts and how she got into making fonts.  I was so thrilled when she got back to me and answered my questions, so I hope you enjoy my mini interview with Amanda that is a mix of answers she gave me and some from her website.




How did you get into making fonts and what software do you use?
I have always loved handwriting. The first computer disc I ever bought was a disc with 300 handwriting fonts. It was $20, and I saved my babysitting money for weeks to buy it! Once I learned there was a program where you could *make your own* handwriting fonts, I knew I had to do it. I had always wanted my handwriting as a font. I started asking everyone I knew to write their alphabet for me so I could turn it into a font. But that wasn’t enough- I wanted more! :) I posted on the message board “Two Peas in a Bucket” asking people to send me their handwriting and I would send them a font back for free. I got so many wonderful samples, I knew I had to share the fonts I’d made with others who loved fonts just as much as I did. I created the site “Fonts for Peas” as a way to share those fonts back. I still love making and sharing these fonts freely today!


Here's a link to the software I use, Font Creator Pro:  http://www.high-logic.com/visit/472542.html

What was the first font you made?
The first font I ever made was my handwriting:  http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/amandas-hand/
 
Did you have any formal training in making fonts or in design?
Because of the webpage, I get asked a lot about my education background or what I do for a living. I went to a private grammar school, I was home schooled in high school, and then I went to community college for 2 years and then I got married! :) Shortly after we first got married I started working in a scrapbook store and taught classes for several years. Right now I'm doing a little photography (and would like to do more!), but mostly just enjoying being a stay at home wife. :) I've never had any formal training in computers / web design / photography, etc. Most of what I've learned is just by trial and error. :)

What is your favorite font (yours or not yours), if you HAD to pick one?
I don't know if I could pick just one, but here are a few of my favs! :)  http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/tag/favs/

Post a Comment

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget