Halloween Costume ideas 2015

RANTS / Being Creative vs Being Busy

That HUMANE RIGGING DVD on the right hand corner is awesome.

Apologize to kind readers of Blender Sushi, for my lacks of posts. It is not that I ran out of Blender Sushi ideas :) I am actually pretty busy with things.

I work using Maya, but personally I like to do self-projects using Blender. That's when I think I could do lots of creative works, collaborate without any barriers.

I follow all the news about Blender every day. Lots of awesome tutorials out there on Cycles and also Motion Tracking. Very advance production stuffs. Blender Mango Project seems to go well. I just saw an awesome rig demo from Mango project. Very inspiring.

HUMANE RIGGING DVD

Just a quick post and mention:
I got that DVD above: Humane Rigging from Blender Foundation just yesterday. Nathan Vegdahl is the guy behind the 6 hour DVD about rigging. Hilarious and clever guy. This DVD is really awesome, I enjoyed it so much. I watched the first 3 hours so far and now still digesting the information. Lots of priceless information on rigging there. Nathan actually said: feel free to share this DVD, but give some donations.

Link to the DVD:
http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=146

Support Blender and Nathan by donating or simply buy the DVD if you want to save time downloading the files one by one! Anyways, I will only temporarily sharing it.

BACK INTO RIGGING
Anyways, so I am back into character animation and rigging, just recently. Those are areas I want to excel at. I have been trying to be good at all areas, being all-rounders, but I want to get serious about those skills. I hope I can be Character TD one day.

I am juggling Blender, Maya, Houdini, and Softimage (new to me). I also feel the need to learn Python programming and a bit of MEL scripting further. Who knows where that lead to one day.

TO WORK AND TO BE CREATIVE
But all the long rants, there is one questions I am continuously asking:
Can one be both busy and creative? How about being creative & productive at the same time, not in a labor kind of way? I am just being too idealist.

See, sometimes I don't think when designer or artist at work are always be in creative mode. It's more like 10% creative and 90% labor. This is the reality of the "creative" industry.

You would think working in creative industry == 90% creative and 10% labor? Well, only in your mind and heart, my friend. In reality, "they" just want work to be done, pay you and make big money. In one perspective, this is just what it is, but in another perspective, I think it needs to balance a bit.

Post a Comment

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget