Halloween Costume ideas 2015

DEMO / Dynamic Human Array

Dynamic Human Array using Dynamic Paint. Rendered using Blender Freestyle.

VIDEO DEMO




THE PROCESS

0. Prepare 3D Model from Make Human

1. Rig and Control using Mixamo Auto-Rig in Maya



Since I just need a quick dummy rig, I quickly use Mixamo free auto rig (for under 10000 tris model) and download it into Maya. Thanks to Mixamo.

2. Pose and Animation in Maya


I have to rely on Maya with rigging and animation. I have been using Maya for rigging and animation in the past 10 years, so please pardon me.

Eventually I will produce everything using Blender. I can see that Blender has nice auto-rig and plenty of rigging tool, but it takes time.

3. Export animation into Blender using MDD Mesh Cache.


MDD Mesh Cache Modifier is super handy. Animation Cache import from Maya is a breeze.

4. Setup Dynamic Paint Array using Python in Blender


Let Python do the job of connecting Drivers.

5. Animate Human Array in Blender


I realized that with this setup, we are really using a lot of RAM and processing power. Blender handles it quite well and the effect is still interactive.

I need to think of optimization. Obviously few millions of moving vertex with 6 GB will be a bit slower. Need more RAM.

6. Render using Blender Cycles.


The render is fast. Cycles is amazing.

Post a Comment

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget