Halloween Costume ideas 2015

Harvey Schmidt: "I don't feel for myself a division between 'fine art' and other art."

In 1958, Look magazine published a portfolio of Harvey Schmidt's painting of Mexico City, done while Schmidt was there on summer vacation in 1957. Schmidt said, "I don't feel for myself a division between 'fine art' and other art. I think of myself as a reporter rather than a painter... art for me is simply contact with people, evoking a response from people. The things I like most myself nearly always seem to communicate most successfully to others. I never try to make people understand. I just do the best I can."

Schmidt01

Schmidt02

Schmidt03

Schmidt04

Schmidt05

Schmidt06

Schmidt38

One more from the May 1959 issue of American Artist magazine...

Schmidt19

Continued tomorrow

Post a Comment

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget